RK-002/KVS MIDI SETTINGS
Korg Volca Sample Firmware for the RK-002
If you're reading this message the MIDI system is not properly initialized. Probably you did not allow MIDI access, are not using Chrome or don't have the Jazz-plugin fallback installed (or you are on a mobile device) Please install the Jazz-plugin from here: jazz-soft.net
Or enable plugin access and try a refresh.
Desktop MIDI Interface
RK-002 Firmware updater is located here
Note: Devices like the Arturia Keystep/Beatstep pro are showing up like MIDI devices but they do not pass MIDI SysEx messages thus can not be used to update/set the RK-002
- Firmware v25+ provides chromatic key mapping and NRPN parameter control.
- Firmware v30+ provides GM-mapping and program-change message support to change chromatic focus. (together with existing bankswitch message)
- Firmware v50+ supports sample channel polyphony
- Firmware v51+ supports trigger channel + multi channel chromatic play channels
RK-002 Keyboard mapping
Sample control basekey
* GM mapping is from firmware 30 and up.
Chromatic control basekey*
Chromatic Sample Channel Lock
RK-002 Performance mapping
Pitch wheel mapping
Mod wheel mapping
If you want to create your own controller you can read the RK-002 Sysex documentation
Since the webMIDI is still a but dodgy on different browsers we have also created a few sysex files with commands you would like to use on the RK-002, for example the 'set midi channel' command. This .zip file
contains a series of sysex files you can play with e.g. MIDIOX
(PC) or Sysex Librarian